Science fair help PLEASE

A forum for educators who are organizing and/or running a school or local science fair, working with in-class science projects or assignments, and other STEM issues.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger

_juliana_d
Project Question: Trying to find a project for a science fair. Ideas are:
Project on society issues such as anxiety & depression in kids. Project on baby growth and development. (I have a 6mos brother) Something to help others Or about how people work
Either way, I want it to do with people or animals and their behavior, or community service. I dont care if its hard.
Im: Homeschooled in a co-op Classical Conversations
Artistic and I love literature
Please help
Project Due Date: january
Project Status: Not applicable

Science fair help PLEASE

Post by _juliana_d »

Im trying to find a project for a science fair. I really dont want it to be "just another boring science fair project".
Like, the kid last year won it by observing his baby brother every hour (even the night!) for a week. I wouldnt want to copy that but i just thought I would share. The judges like dedicaion, innovative-ness (if thats a word), creativity, and hard work.
The topics that interest me are social studies and analysis, human behaivoral patterns, baby development and learning, issues in society, community service**, and anything that I could create to help people or the earth. I want it to be really creative. We have to have our project in the Scientific Method format. And " the judges care more about having a clean format than having bells and whistles".... Im still doing bells and whistles how could I not xD But i still want it to be clean and organized.

Some ideas that interest me are-
Project on society issues such as anxiety, body image & depression in kids.
Project on baby growth and development. (I have a 6 month old baby brother)
A project to help others.
Learning about what makes people think a cerian way, or common patterns in people.
Either way, I want my project to do with people and their behavior, or community service. I dont care if it is hard, I want it to be very creative, innovative, helpful, interesting, and new.
Im homeschooled in a co-op called Classical Conversations, so I have time during the day.
Im very artistic and I love literature. Im a major perfectionist. Math is not my strong suit.
Please help me brain storm some ideas!

whoops.. im not supposed to post this here.. am I?..
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Science fair help PLEASE

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello, and welcome to Science Buddies! Have you checked out the Science Buddies project idea page? You can browse through projects or answer a short questionnaire to enter your interests, level of difficulty, timeline, etc to see more personalized recommendations. You can find the page here:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... deas.shtml

If you are still having problems, feel free to write back. Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Science Teachers: Fairs, Projects, and General Support”