Nanosystem Engineering

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

light12212
Project Question: I want to learn more about nanosystem engineers
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Nanosystem Engineering

Post by light12212 »

I was wondering if there were any fringe benefits such as health care, retirement contributions, etc for this career?
theborg
Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
Project Due Date: N/A

Re: Nanosystem Engineering

Post by theborg »

Light12212,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum. There are many organizations that work with these type of devices, both private and government. Rather than fringe, the kinds of things you are asking about will be offered by the individual company as part of the compensation package along with whatever salary they offer. For example, the United States Air Force Research Laboratory has a sensors development agency that does tons of R&D on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). Most of the employees are either military officers or government civilians and get paid according to their rank, regardless of the job they are doing.

My suggestion is if you want to work with these kinds of devices, research the various companies/organizations and find out what the companies offer for compensation.
Hope this helps.

theborg
----------
Science Buddies science fair guide:
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_guide_index.shtml

Science Buddies project ideas:
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas.shtml
light12212
Project Question: I want to learn more about nanosystem engineers
Project Due Date: n/a

Re: Nanosystem Engineering

Post by light12212 »

Thank you,

That really helped and I will look into it.

Return to “Careers in Science”