Network Security (Cybersecurity)

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

kevinliu18
Project Question: I am doing a science project on the effectiveness of cleaners towards sanitization. Is there a practical and somewhat easy way to measure the amount of bacterial or virus on a solid, hard, surface?
Project Due Date: 3/1/14
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Network Security (Cybersecurity)

Post by kevinliu18 »

Hi, I plan to major in the field of computer science so I decided to do a science project on network security.
Below is what have so far:

TRQ:How effective is WPA2's security policy?

Independent Variable: Type of networking attack (Man in the middle, brute force, client/server deauthorization, etc)
Dependent Variable: Information compromised/collected
Goal: Find flaws in the security policy and see if solutions can be proposed.

Special Comments:
1) I am unsure of my vocabulary use of "policy". I want to test how strong or how secure WPA2 is.
Could you please advise on the use of the word "policy".
2) Currently, I do not have a dedicated school faculty mentor who is specialized in this field and is able to help.
So any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know this topic might be hard, but I'm willing to give it a try!

Thank you in advance,
Kevin

*Sorry for any typos
Johnclyne

Re: Network Security (Cybersecurity)

Post by Johnclyne »

Securing your Wi-Fi® connections is an important element of securing your personal data. A Wi-Fi network using WPA2™ provides both security and privacy for communications as they travel across your network.This is what the policy mean.There are some policy and all .We should agree with that policy to access network

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”