Space Sand!! where can i purchase in Bay Area

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Samika

Space Sand!! where can i purchase in Bay Area

Post by Samika »

Hello,
We are looking to buy Space Sand for Column Chromatography Science Project. We are having difficulty finding in stores in Bay Area. Can anyone please help by letting me know where can I buy in the Bay Area or If another sand like Kinetic, Crazy Sand are similar to Space Sand and can be substituted?
Thank you
324B21
Former Expert
Project Question: Setting up an account to hopefully volunteer and help others learn and enjoy science!
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Space Sand!! where can i purchase in Bay Area

Post by 324B21 »

Hey there!

Space sand--such a cool thing. So excited you are going to be using it. I spent a good hour looking and researching places in your area, and also had a very difficult time finding purchase locations. However, on Amazon (that does have 2 day shipping available) it took just a matter of moments to find several different kinds and colors. I might suggest doing the same search on Amazon for "Space Sand" to take a look for yourself.

Space (also known as Moon) Sand and Kinetic sand have different properties. Kinetic sand is great fun as well, but the key word with this type of sand is the Kinetic. Kinetic means always in movement. So as a result, things you build with Kinetic Sand will almost instantly fall apart. This is in opposition to Moon/Space Sand which will hold together a lot longer. I would not suggest substituting one for the other unless you alter your project to accommodate.

Hope this helps! Please reach out again if further questions arise.

Elizabeth

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”