What are interview Crisis! ?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

huent1712hihi

What are interview Crisis! ?

Post by huent1712hihi »

My science teacher says that the interview with the judges add points to my score, which of course is important. The problem is that the last science fair I did I could not answer the question the judge asked without stuttering or correcting myself even if my science fair project was conducted and displayed correctly. What can I do to prevent that from happening again and how can I prepare for it? :idea:
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: What are interview Crisis! ?

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Huent,

Here's a link to a Science Buddies guide for preparing for a science fair:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ience-fair

Let us know if these suggestions help, and best wishes for a successful interview!
cnoonan180
Expert

Re: What are interview Crisis! ?

Post by cnoonan180 »

Hello and welcome!

There are some great tips about presenting your science fair project/interview in the link above, and always make sure to rehearse your presentation before the actual presentation since memorizing the key concepts you want to explain will make you feel more comfortable in your understanding of your project!

Also, you may want to have your family or friends ask you questions about your presentation after practicing in front of them to prepare you for any questions a judge may ask.

Another tip would be to organize your key findings and study them almost as you would for a test to make sure you really understand what you are presenting!

Hope this helps and remember to be confident!
-cnoonan180

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”