Arduino Airplane

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Mdevarona

Arduino Airplane

Post by Mdevarona »

Hi,

My kid wants to explore how the location of turbines (or fans in a drone) changes the speed in a plane. But he wants to construct and program his own plane based on Arduino. He knows a bit about robotics and coding but has not worked on Arduinos although he will be taking a class and his older brother knows. I want to know if you guys have a plane or something similar based on Arduinos that he could use and then modify accordingly to complete the project. Thanks!
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Arduino Airplane

Post by bfinio »

Hi,

We do not specifically have a project about building a plane, but we have a very extensive Arduino tutorial series that covers all of the basics and many of the individual parts that you would eventually need to build a plane:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... an-arduino

If he has no prior experience with Arduino, I would recommend at least checking out the first few tutorials to help get started. Hope that helps, please write back if you have more questions.

-Ben

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”