Yeast metabolism with and without aeration. URGENT

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

noodlegirl265

Yeast metabolism with and without aeration. URGENT

Post by noodlegirl265 »

Yeast metabolism with and without aeration. Hi everyone, so i am doing the science buddies project and have a few questions...
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... -anaerobic
1) What would be some other variations or things to add to my project which could make it more rigorous, other than the ones found on the "variations page"
2) why would we need 2 separate graduated cylinders different measurements for?
3) and finally, what could I call it- other than Yeast metabolism with and without aeration- something more appealing to audiences
PLEASE REPLY SOON!!!!
THANKS
FrankD

Re: Yeast metabolism with and without aeration. URGENT

Post by FrankD »

A few additional options that can be added to the Yeast Metabolism with and Without Aeration project to make it more rigorous:
Use different types of yeast. Different types of yeast have different metabolic needs. For example, some yeast species are better suited to anaerobic metabolism than others.
Use different sources of sugar. Different sources of sugar can affect the metabolic rate of yeast. For example, glucose is metabolized faster by yeast than fructose.
Use different temperatures. Temperature can affect the metabolic rate of yeast. For example, yeast generally grows faster at higher temperatures.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”