plant growth rate

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sciqueen

plant growth rate

Post by sciqueen »

Hello,

I wanted to plant so plants in my garden but I need plants that grow in a week or 2 weeks. If you have any plant suggestions please tell me. Also can you please make sure that the plant suggestions are easy to find and can be found anywhere.

Thank u

(also many thanks for making this website it really helps me with my projects and sci fair display boards) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :) :) :)
akulk
Student Expert

Re: plant growth rate

Post by akulk »

Hi there!

Thank you for your question!

Some general plant species that grow fast and are fit for gardens include:
- Garden cress: seedlings emerge in 5-15 days
- Arugula: can be harvested within 3 weeks
- Pea shoots
- Microgreens (i.e. broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, kale, oregano, radish, alfalfa, spinach, cauliflower, mustard) – my personal recommendation; require very little space to grow!

What context are you using the plants in (i.e. testing photosynthesis rate, food-based project, etc.)? We can give you more specific recommendations accordingly :)

Anika

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”