Drone project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

chiggiechigz

Drone project

Post by chiggiechigz »

I'm trying to make mine but the problem is the motors are spinning but not able to make a lift. I'm using arduino uno, 2N 2222A transistors 7v battery Bluetooth module 100 ohm resistors
Can i improve anything here. Thank you, waiting to hear from you.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Drone project

Post by bfinio »

Hi - we can only guarantee that the parts in our drone kit will work for this project since we have tested those ourselves, we cannot guarantee that it will work with other parts. Electrically, the RPM and efficiency of the motors and voltage drop across the transistors will have a big effect on the amount of lift generated. If you are using npn transistors, you can use a smaller base resistor to get more current through the transistor and thus higher motor RPM, but again we have not tested the project with those transistors so cannot guarantee that they will work.

Mechanically, the physical alignment of the straws and dowels is critical. If they are not parallel there will be too much friction and the drone will get stuck, even if the motors are generating enough lift. You should make sure that you can slide the drone up and down on the dowels by hand without it getting stuck.

Hope that helps!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”