Most Sustainable Type of Desalination.

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

AlbertEinsteinBillGates

Most Sustainable Type of Desalination.

Post by AlbertEinsteinBillGates »

Hello!

Please select a desalination method for implementation in a city with a population of 200,000. The chosen desalination process should either be at a commercial level or have a credible trajectory towards commercialization within the next 100 years. If you choose a type of solar based desalination, you do not have to put "the city may not receive consistent sunlight" as that is not a problem in my case. Prioritize productivity, energy efficiency, and reliability. Choose a method with potential commercialization within the century. Support the choice with relevant data on performance and future advancements. I really can't decide but I also need to make the decision before January 17.

Here are some examples you can choose from: Reverse Osmosis (RO),Cellulose acetate membranes,Polyamide membranes,Thin-Film Composite (TFC) membranes,Nanotube desalination,Carbon nanotubes (CNT),Boron nitride nanotubes (BNNT),Graphene membranes,Aquaporin and biomimetic membranes,Closed circuit desalination (CCD),Nanofiltration (NF),Forward Osmosis (FO),Distillation,Multi Stage Flash (MSF),Multiple Effect Distillation (MED),MED with Thermal Vapour Compression (MED-TVC),MED with Mechanical Vapour Compression (MED-MVC),Solar stills,Seawater greenhouse,Concentrated Solar Still (CSS),Plasmonics,Humidification-dehumidification (HDH),Multiple effect-humidification,Membrane Distillation (MD),Freeze Thaw,Electrodialysis Reversal (EDR),Capacitive Deionisation (CDI),Electro Deionisation (EDI),Nanojunction Desalination,Ion Exchange,Hybrid desalination.

Thank you so much for your time, I appreciate it.
-A very tired student that's relying on coffee.
amyCC
Site Admin
Project Question: *
Project Due Date: *
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Most Sustainable Type of Desalination.

Post by amyCC »

This seems like an assignment that you need to do the research and make your selection. Experts can't make this selection for you or "Support the choice with relevant data on performance and future advancements." That would be the task of the assignment, I would think.

These forums are for students working on K-12 science projects. If you have specific questions about the project, Experts may be able to provide insight.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”