I need advice for a science experiment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

lily_oswald

I need advice for a science experiment

Post by lily_oswald »

I want to do an experiment about the evolution of friendships groups over time but I don't know how to construct it. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :lol:
Sofiaherron12
Student Expert

Re: I need advice for a science experiment

Post by Sofiaherron12 »

I would suggest conducting surveys. You could find people in friend groups and find out how long they have been friends, what has changed since then, and anything else that you want to know. You would need to do this with multiple groups in order for it to be accurate, and have enough data. I'm not sure how you could put this into a graph, or display it, so it would help if your questions were quantifiable, such as the amount of friends in the group over time. You could put this in a line graph. Hope this helps!
morgea

Post by morgea »

Hello!

Adding to the first response, I agree that surveys will significantly help you gather data. Another suggestion you could make to make it more specific for developing graphs is to make it by grade/age or by the activity. For example, ask groups of friends within different sports teams or a 9th-grade friend group compared to a 12th-grade friend group.

Gathering similarities between each group and then asking questions showing their differences will help develop quality data.

I hope this helps!
Lather
Project Question: PARENTS
Project Due Date: PARENTS
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by Lather »

Are you interested in the formation of new friendships, the stability of existing friendships, or the factors influencing the growth or decline of friendship groups?

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”