The actual presentation

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

methionine
Project Question: Fox-1 and Fox-2 in Cassette Exon Inclusion and Exclusion
Project Due Date: April 9
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

The actual presentation

Post by methionine »

Hi all,
I was wondering whether or not science fairs would allow me to explain my project by drawing pictures/diagrams on a white board of some sort. It'd be much easier to explain it that way, but if they don't allow it, then I'll have to find the right words to explain it.

Am I supposed to give an explanation of my project that flows from one topic to another, and THEN have the judges ask questions? How long are these presentations?

Also, how formally do people usually dress at science fairs? I know, it's a random question.

Thank you,
-M
People do not see the world as it is, they see it as they are.
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

Most of the answers to these questions vary from fair to fair. Each fair has its own rules and guidelines. The best way to answer your questions would be to talk to someone who is involved in the fair you will actually be participating in.

Dress for success. Guy: collared shirt and tie; Girl: skirt and blouse or business suit.
All the best,
Terik
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

This is not specific to science fairs, but this web page has some good general advice about preparing and presenting a scientific poster:
http://www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/cpurri ... advice.htm
Look under "presenting your poster" for advice about what to wear, how to behave, etc. . .

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”