Science fair project help with pollination

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Jazmin

Science fair project help with pollination

Post by Jazmin »

Please help me help my daughter with her project. We have only 1 1/2 weeks to complete the experiment of what is faster self or cross pollination? I have been to every nursery and spent many hours with her on how to prove this in such a short time. someone suggested corn. But we really just don't know where to start with the experiment? Please help....
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH,
Jeanette
I am trying to conduct the experiment of what is faster self or cross pollination. I need some ideas on how to move forward. I only have 2 weeks to finish this. Any suggestions on how to prove this?
Louise
Former Expert

Re: Science fair project help with pollination

Post by Louise »

Jazmin wrote:Please help me help my daughter with her project. We have only 1 1/2 weeks to complete the experiment of what is faster self or cross pollination? I have been to every nursery and spent many hours with her on how to prove this in such a short time. someone suggested corn. But we really just don't know where to start with the experiment? Please help....
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH,
Jeanette

I don't think you can grow any plant in 1.5 weeks to the point where you would have flowers to pollinate. Corn takes a very long time to mature...

I think you need to move to an experiment that doesn't involve letting plants grow-

Try the science fair topic selector on the science buddies page for some cool projects.

Louise

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”