I CAN'T MAKE MY GRAPHS

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

soccer1663

I CAN'T MAKE MY GRAPHS

Post by soccer1663 »

Hi I need help with my graphs i have typed my information with microsoft excel and i go through all the steps and when i get it to graph nothing comes up no columns or anything why?
Louise
Former Expert

Re: I CAN'T MAKE MY GRAPHS

Post by Louise »

soccer1663 wrote:Hi I need help with my graphs i have typed my information with microsoft excel and i go through all the steps and when i get it to graph nothing comes up no columns or anything why?

Could you describe in detail what your data looks like and what type of graph you are trying to make?

Generally your x data goes in column a and y data goes in column b.

Louise
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

What version of Excel? Microsoft has a habit of moving things around to "improve" the user interface with each new version.

The Office 2003 version I use calls them charts.
If you highlight the data, then click Insert, click chart on the drop down, you should get a chart wizard.
Just follow the wizard step by step filling in what you want to add to the "chart" (graph) till you get to the "chart location".
At this point, I recommend you you pick "As a new sheet" and fill what you want displayed on the tab.
-Craig

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”