Cell Related Topic

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

tbernatLTIN
Project Question: To learn more about science through Life Technologies as a freshman honor student
Project Due Date: April 19th 2013
Project Status: I am just starting

Cell Related Topic

Post by tbernatLTIN »

Dear Science Buddies,
My teacher has had us search your website in order to find a science project to use. He approved "BLASTing Flu Viruses", as long as it relates to cells. My team and I are lost as how to do this. How would you connect this project to cells?
Thank you!
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p003.shtml
KatieC
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Cell Related Topic

Post by KatieC »

Hello,
This absolutely relates to cells! Your immune system made completely up of cells such as white blood cells, T-cells, B-cells to name a few, that are responsible for allowing vaccines to work. The cell membranes of these types of cells contain proteins that detect foreign molecules in our bodies. To get started I would search on google to find out how/why antibodies are created in the body. This will point you in the right direction for understanding how vaccines work.

Hope this helps!
Katie

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”