New to ISEF and Ists COmputer Science

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

CSciprimetime
Project Question: I need help contacting mentors, and sending them info to help me in the field of Computer science (java) I am an amateur programmer, but I am a self learned programmer. I learn in computer science much much quicker than any other prospective field of science.
Project Due Date: 11/6/13
11/17/13
Project Status: I am just starting

New to ISEF and Ists COmputer Science

Post by CSciprimetime »

I started my computer science journey in java, because it was the language that most of the games i used to play was written in.
And most of all the language is mainstream and I just fitted in with the crowd. Anyways with my project will be on
the effeciencies and defiencies in all areas of software, which means speed, security and complexity
I will be writing something similar to a file transfer protocol or a simple java platformer
and translate them in to lisp and C++ (which I will try to get aid from from a online friend in lisp (since I am too lazy)
IF anyone has project ideas for java please give me some better ones
I would also like to know or find out how, I could find out a mentor to help me
how I would write a letter to a C.S professor and who else can also aid me in my research
I am fairly new to this and Side Note: 11/6 Ists and Regional fair on 11/21st
thanks!
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: New to ISEF and Ists COmputer Science

Post by amyc »

Hi - I know you have posted this question to the Math and Computer Science forum. We ask that you post only to one forum and keep all questions in a thread so Experts can best help.

Your other thread: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... 30&t=12378

Thank you,
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”