Artificial Intelligence

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

etsuko
Project Question: All about Artificial Intelligence (A.I)
Project Due Date: 04/03/2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Artificial Intelligence

Post by etsuko »

Hi everyone,
Okay, so I'm seeking your help today because I have a week to do a science fair project that our science teacher asked us to volunteer for.
Normally, any project of any subject (electronics, biology, engineering..) as long as it stays scientific is acceptable, so being a little rushed, and having little idea about what to do, I've assigned myself Artificial Intelligence as a project to prepare.. But you see, the thing is, I'm not even sure It's an appropriate subject to exhibit, if I would have any chance to stand out of the crowd with it, and I'm a little worried about what experiment I possibly could present for the judges..
So I'm asking you, as the experts, to help me see a little more clear what can I do with this vast subject of A.I, if there is a section of it that I could make more interesting for people that it would be remembered.. maybe I'm asking too much and I'm sorry, but I'm really passionnate about people's mind, and how it works, so I thought that maybe with Artificial Intelligence I would be able to make comparisons and I don't know, focus on making close connection between human's intelligence and the artificial one!
My main objective posting this topic is to find some experiments that would be related to A.I, preferably not boring, to present but please, feel free to tell me that my project is not good enough, and why not suggest something that you judge being more fresh!
Thank you in advance, and sorry for disturbing you,
Have a nice day ^^
raytrent
Former Expert

Re: Artificial Intelligence

Post by raytrent »

Wow, this is a tough field to do experiments in in a week. AI has changed a lot over the years, morphing from the original search for ways to simulate human intelligence into more of an attempt to assist humans in performing tasks (i.e. expert systems, pattern recognition tools based on machine learning, etc.).

I don't think this was really what you were looking for, but there is an experiment in artificial intelligence of a sort here on sciencebuddies: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p014.shtml
../ray\..
etsuko
Project Question: All about Artificial Intelligence (A.I)
Project Due Date: 04/03/2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by etsuko »

I know, I know now that it's really a difficult subject to prepare, even more when I only have one week, but I guess I don't have any choice other than continuing now..
Thank you for the link, but I already saw it and I think I will just work on "trying to" create artificial neurons ? Is there anyone who has experience creating an artificial neuron for robots ?
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

You could look into the field of "neural networks". This is a (somewhat) active area of artificial intelligence (or at least pattern recognition) research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network
../ray\..
Johnclyne

Post by Johnclyne »

You know Artificial Intelligence is one of the vast subject.The process of Artificial Intelligence are not completed so far.It is a ongoing process.I am not person to saying about Artificial Intelligence.There are so many interesting area in Artificial Intelligence.Artificial Intelligence meaning additional part fixing on one materials.This is saying from my knowledge.I think it is one of the more expensive area.Artificial Intelligence making is more expensive.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”