Careers in marine biology

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

michaelaplouffe
Project Question: I am looking for information about careers involving marine biology, such as a Marine Biologist, a Marine Researcher, a Marine Mammal Trainer, an Aquatic Veterinarian, and etc.
Project Due Date: October 20th, 2014
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Careers in marine biology

Post by michaelaplouffe »

Hello,
I'm an 11th grade high school student and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about your career for my Marine Biology class?(careers such as an Aquatic Veterinarian, a Marine Mammal Trainer, a Marine Biologist, and etc.) What is the official tittle of your career? What type of educational background do you have? What type of experience is required for your career? During work hours, what do you do on a daily basis? How often do you work? Is there a lot of job availability for your job? Do you enjoy your job? What is the most and least rewarding part of your job? What high school classes would you recommend for someone wanting to have your career? And finally, do you have words of advice for someone wanting to take part in your career? I would be very greatful if you could answer my questions. It would be preferred if you could answer my questions before October 20th, 2014, if that isn't an inconvenience. Thank you so very much.

sincerely,
Michaela Plouffe
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Careers in marine biology

Post by amyc »

Hi - Experts in the forums may not be available to answer interview questions. If you do not receive a reply to your interview request within 2 days, it is likely that we do not have a volunteer in the forums in this area.

For additional information on interview requests, please see: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... =23&t=5681

Amy
Science Buddies
BenG
Former Expert
Project Question: Interested in providing feedback/guidance to students in need
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Careers in marine biology

Post by BenG »

Hi Michaela
I am not a marine biologist, per se. But I am an environmental scientist that has spent much of my career working on aquatic pollution in esturies and freshwaters. I have specifically done a lot of studies on contaminant concentrations in fish and seafood. If you would like to interview me for your project, I would be available.
Cheers
Ben

Return to “Careers in Science”