help i need a project idea

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

sonika

help i need a project idea

Post by sonika »

hello, im in 2nd year of high school. i tried everything to find a good topic (even the survey on this website) for the hudson county science fair for my level. i need a topic that may help me get to finals & superjudging. help me please soon. i need the project completed by sept. 2006. thankx
Im 2nd year in h.s. Im very interested in anesthesiology. preparin for the Hudson County Science Fair & havin hard time in finding a project idea related to anesthesiology for my level. hopin if anyone would suggest some ideas.
Sareena Avadhany
Former Expert

Post by Sareena Avadhany »

Hi Sonika,

I also tried googling projects for anesthesia but none came up.

If you really are PASSIONATE about doing a science fair project, and in anesthesiology, I would suggest you embark on a research project. It is much more work. What you were looking for was just a project that was already done and you could replicate with slight alterations. Many students however, work on science fair projects that are not purely based on a project that has already been done before or provided to them.

Doing this requires ALOT of research and full knowledge of your subject. If you plan on doing this, I would suggest that you find a mentor in your school that can guide you through your research. He or she can help you find resources and direct you properly in finding out what you want. Once you do that, you will find out that many potential projects would have come in mind, by the questions you ask about what you have researched.

The best resources are encyclopedias and journals. Journals are especially good because they discuss the experiment in detail. I google scholared anesthesia and it resulted in many hits.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=ane ... tnG=Search

look at the works of these scientists. This will definitely give you a good idea of the feasibility of your project in terms of time frame, expenses, resources, and how much you need to know. These experiments have been done at a very sophisticated level, so you have to gauge how much you are capable of and how much you want to accomplish in your project.

You had mentioned that "you need a topic that may help me get to finals and superjudging." Please don't pursue a project because you want to get a prize. You need to do a project because you are excited about it and you WANT to do it. You never would want to do a project you don't like.

I highly encourage you to pursue your interests because science projects are alot of fun!

Hope this helps,
Sareena
science coordinator

Post by science coordinator »

Hi Sonika:

I have helped students with science fair projects for several years. Why would you be motivated to do a project on Anesthesiology? When defining project ideas, try the ideas that will fit you. Who are you and where are you going with the rest of your life? For example, our son wants to go into criminal investigation so we will be doing his project on latent prints. If you need help with project ideas I would need to know your interest and possible directions for college or career and I could suggest some ideas for you. I seem to have a gift for unusual project ideas. Hope this helps!!

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”