need help with experiment topic

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
wd405

need help with experiment topic

Post by wd405 »

does anyone know of a science experiment with airsoft guns?
Stuart Herndon

In response...

Post by Stuart Herndon »

Dear wd405,
I might not b an expert, but i know of a related thing, do you have a kind of old airsoft gun? If so, drill a holw into the back of it where the BB pops up, but dont bother cocking the gun. Buy (or produce) a small amount of guncotton, and compare it with different amounts of the cotton, see which fires farthest and leaves the least residue or something.
wd405

Post by wd405 »

thanks
Stuart Herndon

Yah

Post by Stuart Herndon »

Your welcome, really its no problem to get guncotton, you can go to google and type in how to make guncotton, and it should give you a site that will teach you how, but remember, use parents to help you, because it can get out of control in a hurry.
shijun

Post by shijun »

I would like to clarify that parental supervision is REQUIRED for this type of experiment. You should talk to your teacher or your parents because you can run into the risk of injury (and we definitely don't want that, right?).

Try to see if you can change the experiment to something a little safer (for your own sake too)!

Shijun

Return to “Physical Science”