Grade 8 Science Fair Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

a919844448f0405fa864622cd9849426

Grade 8 Science Fair Project

Post by a919844448f0405fa864622cd9849426 »

Hello,

I am a grade 8 student making a science project about coronary heart disease, but I wish to interview an expert or anyone who can guide me through my research. I have emailed many institutions, but none of them answered. If possible, I would really appreciate it if someone could guide me and give me some recommendations of who I could interview.

Thanks
lmp1341
Former Expert

Re: Grade 8 Science Fair Project

Post by lmp1341 »

Hey there!
Sounds like a very neat project!
What kinds of questions are you hoping to ask? Could we get more detail on the specifics of your project?

What I would recommend is writing an email to many health professionals such as Cardiologists and politely stating that you're an 8th grader doing CHD research and you're wondering if they might have the time to participate in a quick interview to better guide your experiment. ;)

Honestly, with the health professions, it is going to be difficult to reach someone who will have the time to interview, but my suggestion to you is to not lose hope and to contact as many people as possible.

For example, you could contact:
- front desks at a cardiology clinic
- cardiology dept chair (you can find this info on hospital websites)
- ask mom or dad if they have anyone they know that are doctors that could help
- ask friends at school if their parents are doctors and could interview
- contact your local medical school to see if even medical students would like to help (they're pretty knowledgeable, too! ;) )

Also, Science Buddies Experts are just what we sound like, experts! So if you want to post your questions on this forum, I'm sure we have an expert who will be more than happy to help answer your questions or even just guide you in the right direction.

Let me know if you have any other questions and please feel free to post again if you have any other questions for us!

Best of luck and don't give up!

Stay nerdy,
lmp1341

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”