Build a Circuit to detect Ripe Produce Help

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Ella_Smith1818

Build a Circuit to detect Ripe Produce Help

Post by Ella_Smith1818 »

I’m doing the “Build A Circuit to Detect Ripe Produce” project and I need urgent help. I have plugged in all of my alerts correctly me and my father checked multiple times. I know my short and long legs are correct as well, as well as my mosfet and resistors and etc. My LEDs both light up when they are powered up with the batteries, but my red LED doesn’t dim when I use my potentiometer. Otherwise, no matter what color i hold up to the clear LED my red LED remains the same brightness. I’ve covered my photo resistor with black paper just like the tutorial. My potentiometer is the one recommended from the website (from Jameco). What should I do? Thanks
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Build a Circuit to detect Ripe Produce Help

Post by bfinio »

Hi - we need to be able to see your circuit in order to help you troubleshoot. If you can upload clear, well-lit, in-focus pictures of your circuit from a top-down view so we can clearly see the connections on the breadboard, we can help. Many times there is just one wire misplaced even when people have double or triple checked the circuit. Sometimes tall parts like the MOSFET can obscure connections on the breadboard, so you may need to upload multiple photos from slightly different angles so we can see everything. Thanks!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”