The Origin of Earths' Water...(Look Down)

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

SeeSaw
Project Question: I recently heard a scientist state that he "Detected objects Hundreds of Billioms of Light Years away". How is this possible if nothing can exceed Light Speed and the Universe is only 13.7 Billion Years old? Nothing but Hydrogen existed until a star lit up and began creating all the elements as it ran out of fuel and died.
Project Due Date: Before I become inept and senile or die.
Project Status: I am conducting my research

The Origin of Earths' Water...(Look Down)

Post by SeeSaw »

I I have been researching the birth of our planet and Solar System and it has become apparent that the accepted theory of how Earths water arrived was strictly by asteroids, comets and meteors directed here by Jupiter. The problem of the surface being molten early in Earths construction and the physics of water and extreme heat suggested any water here up to the point the surface cooled would have evaporated and rose into space, forever lost until Earth had an atmosphere to hold water in clouds until it rains down again. The final conclusion was that millions of asteroids made of H2o ice hit earth after it cooled resulting in what we take for granted today. I think something different happened and it is a type of fusion that is possible at much lower temperatures because of the immense pressure and lack of air. Hydrogen molecules and oxygen molecules are broke apart and the atoms react by fusing Hydrogen atoms to two Oxygen atoms resulting in H2o which evaporates up to the surface. I am not a Physicist and do not understand Fusion or Fission but I have noticed that pressure has immense ability on an atomic scale. The sun lit up via a similar process of immense pressure causing atoms to rub together and generate heat that has a perpetual effect on the atoms by making them move faster cause a harder collision that generates more heat until the majority of the atoms are ripped apart and become a Plasma of millions of degrees. The earth does not have a lot of Hydrogen so its core can get really hot via the same processes except in this environment Elements are created by fusing atoms instead of turning them into plasma. Matter cannot be created or destroyed, only changed.

Has anyone researched the possibility of 60% of our water coming from underground, 25% coming from the Poles and 15% arriving by asteroids made of ice and bigger than a house?
amyCC
Site Admin
Project Question: *
Project Due Date: *
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: The Origin of Earths' Water...(Look Down)

Post by amyCC »

These forums are for K-12 students working on science and engineering projects.

We encourage you to explore your question in other general or general science forums or spaces online.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”