Help with Absorption of Radiant Energy project.

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

OctavioG

Help with Absorption of Radiant Energy project.

Post by OctavioG »

As I was working on this project, I noticed that it said to use the temperature of the white piece of paper as the surrounding temperature in equation 2. At first I was confused, as this means if you try to use equation 2 to calculate P for the color white, the result would be zero. I then realized that this was most likely due to the fact that the color white does not absorb any wavelengths of light, so it cannot be converted into heat. This would mean that the temperature of the white paper could be used as some sort of baseline. I am making this post to see if my answer was right, as I don't want to have inaccurate information in my project.

Additionally, If my answer was right, I would like to know if I should simply put a zero when it comes to graphing the power output for the white paper.

Here is the link to the project guide : https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ion-colors

Thanks in advance for anyone answering my question

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”