I need help. My teacher said we needed research for our science fair projects and I don't know how to get that rescearch

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Echo_

I need help. My teacher said we needed research for our science fair projects and I don't know how to get that rescearch

Post by Echo_ »

My teacher approved the project "Marble Roller Coaster: How Much Height to Loop the Loop?" and I am toatlly confused because she says we need research and i'm confused on how to get that research.

[Admin note: Project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p-the-loop ]
audreyln
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: I need help. My teacher said we needed research for our science fair projects and I don't know how to get that resce

Post by audreyln »

Hello,

This sounds like a fun project! Sometimes it’s difficult to get started with research on a project. My suggestion is to break the project into smaller parts or components and list questions about each of the smaller parts. Then research the answers to these questions.

Some questions you might ask about your project could include the following. And I’m sure you’ll think of more.

What is kinetic energy? What is potential energy?
What is the conservation of energy?
How do roller coaster designers use physics?

After you’ve made a good list of questions, you may find that the research is a bit easier. The Bibliography section of this project lists some good resources to start with.

Hope this helps!

Audrey

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”