colors???

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

confused being

colors???

Post by confused being »

how to make your science project look great aswell as have great info

what do you do to make your science project look great?? what color poster board do you use????

how do YOU give your project that special flare? or do you not care?
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: colors???

Post by davidkallman »

Hi confused being,

The answer below was provided by my wife, who for about ten years owned a presentation graphics company.

I prefer a yellow or white poster board.

The most important thing about display is that you know your key points - the few things you want folks to remember after they walk away from your exhibit - and highlight those key points to stand out. Use the most contrasting color. For example, if your general text is black, make the key points red.

If you are creating pie charts, understand that blues and greens (the cool colors) recede from view, while reds, oranges and yellows (the hot colors) stand out. The hot colors should be used to represent your key points. You could also do a bar chart that way -- making all the bars the same cool color except for the bar or bars that represent your key conclusions.

Don't use a rainbow of colors in your exhibit. Stick to a handful of colors, remembering to use the power colors (your hot colors - the key point colors) powerfully. Use them sparingly and where they will have the most impact.[/img]
Cheers!

Dave
Bbrooke
Project Question: What effect does crystalline structure have on a solar cell's voltage output?
Project Due Date: Febuary 1st
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Post by Bbrooke »

Hi "Confused"... As far as a great looking board, I always use black--It looks great with anything and bright colors really pop out :-) Make sure to stick with one font, and use BOLD titles Good luck!
--brooke

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”