prosthetic hand / life science

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
bai1660

prosthetic hand / life science

Post by bai1660 »

I am trying to figure out the best way to design and build a prosthetic hand
kmanies

Post by kmanies »

Great! What is the scientific question you are asking related to a prosthetic hand?
paulogoeb
Former Expert

Post by paulogoeb »

The first thing I would think about is to find a website that has all of the neccesary materials to make that.
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

I am trying to figure out the best way to design and build a prosthetic hand
Words like "design" and "best" tend to be things that engineers do (coming up with designs and analyzing designs).

If you intend this to be an engineering exercise, then proceed like an engineer and ask questions like:
What does it have to do? What would you like it to do?
What do you want it to look like?
Questions liike these lead to "design goals or requirements" and allow you to evaluate different concepts and designs against the goals or requirements. The subtle difference in the questions between "have to" and "like it to do" differentiate hard and fast requirements and nice to haves. If you have too many "must have" hard requirements, the problem might not be economically solvable in terms of time or money.

So what requirements are you thinking about?
-Craig

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”