Laminating

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

juggernaut4

Laminating

Post by juggernaut4 »

Hi, All.

I wonder what type of lamination I should use for my poster board mounts that will eliminate/reduce reflection? I really have no idea, so I can't list any options from which to choose. Help.. please! Thanks,

juggernaut
zzzzdoc
Former Expert

Post by zzzzdoc »

I would think that nearly all types of lamination would INCREASE reflections, not eliminate/reduce them.
Alan Lichtenstein, MD
Anesthesiologist

Mens et manus
Veritas

He who laughs last...Thinks slowest.
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: Laminating

Post by davidkallman »

Not to be a contrarian, but I put "lamination reflection" into google and the top hit:

(http://www.hanselmannphotography.com/IN ... ng%20.html) is titled "Laminated photographs have no glare or reflections."

Admittedly, the laminates discussed on the page above, being of photographic quality, are likely to in a stratospheric price range. The resources on the referenced page, from the google query above and others that you may perform may yield pointers to a lower cost, acceptable quality lamination.
Cheers!

Dave
juggernaut4

Post by juggernaut4 »

Thank you for the tips! Like you said, the link led to some pretty artsy stuff that probably won't be necessary for a science fair project. HOwever, the google query really helped.

juggernaut

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”