old wives' tale

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
futureROTCcadet93

old wives' tale

Post by futureROTCcadet93 »

My group and I are testing the old wive's tale "chocolate causes acne" and so far, our results have proven the tale to be true. :D

However, my techer required us to have backup information about the topic. Basically, I want to know wether or not I should search for the topic "acne" or "chocolate." :?:

If you could please answer back ASAP, that would be awesome. Thanks for reading!

-f.ROTCcadet93
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

First off, let me just give you a quick tip about these forums. Experts check in about once a week, though a few check more often than that, so you probably won't get a response to your question for about 24-48 hours unless someone just happens to be online. Don't expect answers "ASAP;" this ins't a live forum.

To answer your question, I would type the words "chocolate" and "acne" into a search engine like Google. I would be careful in looking at particular sites; some are MUCH more reliable than others. Look for URLs ending in .edu, .org or .gov instead of .com.

A quick peek at the Google results revealed this site, which is both reputable and full of good information: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/acne.html. Also take a look at the information on the website of the American Academy of Dermatology; a link to the site is in the site I provided.
All the best,
Terik
futureROTCcadet93

Post by futureROTCcadet93 »

well, I know that this isn't and ASAP type of forum but thank you for responding anyway!!
:D
Although I have a question or two if anyone could answer it. :lol:

Can sugar cause acne? How?

-f.ROTC

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”