topic?

Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, such as: judging, how to set up your display board, preparing a presentation, preparing for questions...

Moderator: berkeleywebs

Sng4u2

topic?

Post by Sng4u2 »

i turned in my topic today as does the oxygen level change with tempature. but my teacher wants to know more about it can someone help me with this. also what would i measure the oxygen level with???......Thank You :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 luv,
Bossch!c
wildfirefox
Former Expert

Post by wildfirefox »

Hi Sng4u2,

Oxygen and temperature relates to each other based on projects that involve pressure and heat. First thing first, what are you trying to measure the oxygen level for? Does your project involve heat (such as fire) since you're indicating the "temperature" keyword? Or does your oxygen measurement involve pressure, as well as heat?

Remember, when oxygen is compressed, a temperature can result from the compression.

To answer your question on a general scale, oxygen can be measure using a simple clear plastic tube, marking the tube with in a 1mm, 1cm, or even 1in space. Fill the tube with a water, bend the tube in a U-shape, and what ever oxygen being used up, the water will move according to that distant. Here's an example:

http://www.ux1.eiu.edu/~cfadd/1350/Hmwk/Ch15/Ch15.html

Hope this help.
Those who can see that do not exist are geniuses. Those who can see what exists are brilliant. Those cannot see what exists are ignorant.
- Lao Tsu
Sng4u2

science fair

Post by Sng4u2 »

thanks but i actually changed my topic my new topic something simple; why colors absorb heat differently? any suggestions or advice on this??? :?: :roll: :?: :wink: :lol: :?: :lol: :?: 8)
1 luv,
Bossch!c
wildfirefox
Former Expert

Post by wildfirefox »

Ah, the mystery of colors and temperatures. Now, this is a question to ask yourself, and if you think about it carefully, you pretty much finish half of your project questions already:

"Why does the white surface is cooler than the black surface at the peak noon hour?"

To further your research, try look on internet search engine for "light absorption and heat generation"
Those who can see that do not exist are geniuses. Those who can see what exists are brilliant. Those cannot see what exists are ignorant.
- Lao Tsu

Return to “Preparing for the Science Fair”