PROJECT HELP: Phased Array Laser Diode Analysis

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
luffy_oo7

PROJECT HELP: Phased Array Laser Diode Analysis

Post by luffy_oo7 »

I have to develop a softawre tool using MATLAB to calculate the model distributions at each longitudinal position of the cavity of Phased Array Laser Diode..
I don't know how to start.. I would really appreciate it if any one could help me and tell what I have to do step by step..
Because I really don't know what to do..?? :(
Louise
Former Expert

Re: PROJECT HELP: Phased Array Laser Diode Analysis

Post by Louise »

luffy_oo7 wrote:I have to develop a softawre tool using MATLAB to calculate the model distributions at each longitudinal position of the cavity of Phased Array Laser Diode..
I don't know how to start.. I would really appreciate it if any one could help me and tell what I have to do step by step..
Because I really don't know what to do..?? :(
This site is intended to help school children with their science fair projects.
This sounds like a college or graduate level assignment. Matlab is highly specialized (and expensive!) software, and I doubt many people here use it.

I cannot tell if you are having problems with the modeling (the physics or math- what equations to use) or the implementing (coding) of the model in matlab. If you are having problems with the modeling, I suggest you do a literature search on this topic. If you are having problems with the coding, I suggest you do the following in this order:
0) break the code down in to small pieces (i.e. 'here i want to import a data array' 'here i want to fourier transform an array', etc.)
1) Read the 'man' or help files.
2) See if someone has donated code to the matlab website that you could adapt for your own use (make sure this is appropriate for you assignment). There are thousands of well categorized m-files that are available. Give the original author credit!
3) Post a query to a matlab specific forum. Do not post a query like the one posted above- it is unclear what you want/need help with specifically, and no one wants to do your homework for you. An example query might be "I'm trying to implement a Wigner transform. I used the m-file provided by person X, but when I zero pad an array to 2^n, I get the array is reconstructed wrong. It is flipped around the 0 axis like blah... Can any one help?" The more detail you provide the more likely you are to get help.

One caveat, I have no idea if you can access the files and forums on the matlab site if you have an illegal copy of matlab. You do have to register to post and download, but I cannot recall what information they require.

Good luck.

Louise

Return to “Physical Science”