Help!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

scibritt

Help!!

Post by scibritt »

I am in a difficult spot right now. I was planning on doing a variation of Animal Magnetism: Do Magnetic fields increase Regeneration in Planaria. I got the Planaria and when I went to use them they were all dead :x .

It is too late too order more Planaria and finish the project in time. My father insists I use the magnets I got since they were pretty expensive.

Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas that i could use these magnets?? Time is limited and I am in the 8th grade if that is a factor. I am brain dead and I can't find any project within the time restrictions.

Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
candyfreako

Post by candyfreako »

you should do somthing on the efects of magnets when they are close to tvs i do it and it changes the color and morphes the people on the tv.
sincerely, kaitlin
Kaitlin
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Post by barretttomlinson »

Try looking in the Physical Science - Physics section of the science fair project ideas guide. There are several great ideas for experimenting with magnets. Two looked like they fit your requirements!
PhilipPierce
Former Expert

Post by PhilipPierce »

Hi,

In addition to what Kaitlin said about distorting the TV image with magnets, you might be careful about placing strong magnets in front of the monitor because sometimes it will permanently damage the display, so I wouldn't recommend using it on a good monitor, but it would make for a good science project too.

Philip

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”