Why does micrrofiber cloth work better than cotton cloth?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Bribri05
Project Question: Why does microfiber cloth work better then cotton cloth?
Project Due Date: January 28, 2008
Project Status: I am just starting

Why does micrrofiber cloth work better than cotton cloth?

Post by Bribri05 »

Would this be a good topic? I did a search and did not find any with this topic. I see the general guides but since I am a beginner, where to I start?
MelissaB

Re: Why does micrrofiber cloth work better than cotton cloth?

Post by MelissaB »

I suggest starting by looking at 'the scientific method' on the 'science fair project guide' page. You might want to ask your parents to read through it with you so you can ask them questions if you have any trouble.

Generally, scientists try to avoid showing that something is 'better' than something else, because 'better' means different things to different people. I may think cotton 'works better' because it feels better against my skin, while someone else may think that microfibers work better because they absorb more sweat (I made these things up as an example).

What I would suggest is narrowing your question. What is it that you think microfiber cloth does better than cotton cloth? Once you tell us, we should be able to help you come up with an experiment. The idea is definitely a great starting place!
Bribri05

Post by Bribri05 »

i wanted to explain why microfiber picks up more then cotton cloth or any other type of cloth.
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Bribri05,
That is a very interesting question, and It could make a very nice science fair project. What sort of work do you plan to do? Are you planning to run experiments? Do you need to write a research paper?

Chris
Bribri05

Post by Bribri05 »

I have moved on to a different project. Maybe I can work on it for next year's project.

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”