Help!Please!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

alvinanddave
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: I am just starting

Help!Please!

Post by alvinanddave »

I need to do a science fair project. I need to get some research info. for my science fair project which is: Do kids learn better if they read something or see it?
Last edited by alvinanddave on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michellebayefsky
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help! Please!

Post by michellebayefsky »

Memory and learning are both good topics because they are interesting and relatively easily tested. You could consider focusing on the effect on music on memory and learning, memory capacity, the affects of color on memory retention, what types of things are easier to remember (numbers, words), what method of learning is most effective in the short term and long term (repetition, thinking about the meaning or depth to a topic or name, linking a name or idea to an emotion), or as an extension to your idea whether hearing or seeing is more effective.

The following is a good link to learn about memory:
http://www.videojug.com/interview/memor ... emory+loss

I hope this helps! Good luck.
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help! Please!

Post by HeatherL »

Hi alvinanddave,

Michelle gave you some great ideas. Another source of project ideas is the Science Buddies website. You can use the topic selection wizard, or view projects grouped by subject. In your case, you seem interested in projects in the Behavioral and Social Sciences. Here is a link to some sample projects in that area: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... _sci.shtml

Good luck deciding on a project! :)
Heather

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”