video games & heart rate

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

coll
Project Question: My grade 6 child is doing a project on Wii games - Dance Dance Revolution, Tennis and Boxing to determine if these games qualify as exercise. She has all her trials done and we have determined that it is indeed exercise. She is unsure of what is needed for Applications/Future Implications. Any ideas would be helpful.
Project Due Date: Nov. 17, 2008
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

video games & heart rate

Post by coll »

Hi, My daughter just completed her project on Wii games and heart rate to determine if games such as Dance Dance Revolution, Tennis and Boxing qualify as exercise. There is a part of the project called Applications/Future Implications that we are unsure of. Any ideas would be helpful.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: video games & heart rate

Post by dcnick96 »

HI coll:

The applications / future implications would be whether this activity qualifies as exercise. If it qualifies (I assume you are basing this on reaching and sustaining a certain heart rate for a given period of time), then she can write that playing video games such as the ones you listed can be a benefit to kids' health. I found several websites discussing this topic by googling "Wii exercise." Your daughter can also compare her results to published results to see if they are they same!

Hope this helps...good luck!
Deana
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: video games & heart rate

Post by davidkallman »

Hi coll,

I'm taking a guess here:

In addition to the previous post:

"applications" means where the conclusions reached can be applied to other work

"future implications" means what future projects are suggested - here, for example, are there other forms of exercise that show up in unexpected places
Cheers!

Dave

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”