HELP! THIS IS FOR TOMORROW!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

plok249
Project Question: Veggie Power! Making batteries of veggies.
Project Due Date: tomorrow
Project Status: I am conducting my research

HELP! THIS IS FOR TOMORROW!

Post by plok249 »

I have to do a project on "Veggie Power! Making batteries from vegtables!" This site shows me the photo of the potato turning on a calculator and it says that I will be able to turn on a calculator and it says in the "materials" that I will need a calculator, but it dosn't actually tell me how to turn it on with the veggie. :(

Do you have any idea where I might find a site that will give me this information?
I've looked everywhere!

Thank you. :)

P.S. This is due tomorrow (1/7/09), I'm not shure if anyone will reply on time...I'm pretty new to "ask an expert". :P
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: HELP! THIS IS FOR TOMORROW!

Post by davidkallman »

Hi plok249,

If you put "veggie power" within the search box in the upper right corner, you'll get ten references within Science Buddies for the veggie power experiment.

Do any of these work for?

Please get back to us letting us know how it works out out, or if you have additional questions. Thanks.

By the way, the "Ask an Expert" bulletin board is not meant for time critical questions.
Cheers!

Dave
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: HELP! THIS IS FOR TOMORROW!

Post by davidkallman »

Hi plok249,

The following post by someone who has far more experience than I do explains normal bulletin board turnaround:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... f=2&t=2887

Rather than being time critical, the referenced post suggests normal turnaround is 12-36 hours.
Cheers!

Dave

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”