Data collected during experiment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

sduru
Project Question: The experiment was which toothpaste cleans the best. The question is how to show data collected since the determination was visual. We did not have any kind of stain guide. We used the original unstained tile as the 'guide'.
Project Due Date: 01-09-09
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Data collected during experiment

Post by sduru »

Help!!!! In the experiment, we stained tiles, dried them, then brushed them using different toothpaste. After a few days, we did a visual determined that the tile brushed with Crest toothpaste was the cleanest. My question is how do I show this in a graph or data table? We did not use any kind of brightness guide, only our own eyes. This project is due tomorrow.
MelissaB

Re: Data collected during experiment

Post by MelissaB »

Hi,

I would suggest giving the different toothpastes ranks--say, 1 for brightest and 10 for dirtiest, or vice-versa. Then it is easy to put the ranks into a data table or graph.
adance
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Data collected during experiment

Post by adance »

You might even go to the hardware store and collect some of those paint sample cards with different shades of white (or whatever color your tiles were) on them. Then you could put together your own "whiteness scale" and rate the tiles based on which color they match.
Amber Dance
Science Buddy

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”