What other observations can i have.

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

philippineresearcher
Project Question: Star Apple Leaves As an effective antibacterial ointment to treat Erysipelas caused by Streptococcus Pyogenes
Project Due Date: September 10, 2009
Project Status: I am just starting

What other observations can i have.

Post by philippineresearcher »

im wondering what other things i can observe instead of zone of inhibitation in agar plate,...

Any observation i can observe from it? uhm any thing to see?

by the way, im trying to get a research on making an ointment antibacterial one made from Star apple leaves oil to kill Streptococcus Pyogenes...

Thank you for further help...
MelissaB

Re: What other observations can i have.

Post by MelissaB »

Hi,

Can you tell us why you need a measurement other than the zone of inhibition? I think that that's a fairly standard assay for antibacterial investigations. If you are not seeing any zone of inhibition, it's likely that the substance you're looking at doesn't have antibacterial properties (but you are doing positive and negative controls with an actual antibiotic, right?).

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”