NEED help please with finding project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

wanttolearnbad
Project Question: the topic is video and computer science
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: I am just starting

NEED help please with finding project

Post by wanttolearnbad »

i need helping finding a free and fun project preferably involving computers. but i cant find something easy and fun that has a chance in winning a science fair.
cscolar
Former Expert

Re: NEED help please with finding project

Post by cscolar »

Hi,
Have you tried the science buddies topic selection wizard?
http://www.sciencebuddies.com/science-f ... gister.php
You might get some leads from there.

You can also browse the project ideas page, to see if something there is of interest to you.
http://www.sciencebuddies.com/science-f ... deas.shtml

Is there a subject that you like, or think you might like, and would like to learn more about?

Caroline
chizwiz
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by chizwiz »

Something "free and fun involving computers" is a little vague :)
Are you interested in the electrical and solid-state science that enables computers to run on smaller and smaller devices? If so, you could look into the effects of temperature on electrical conductivity. There are many things that affect the performance of a semiconductor device like a processor, and how electrons move within the integrated circuits is very important.
wanttolearnbad
Project Question: the topic is video and computer science
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by wanttolearnbad »

thank you for your help..... i have decided to do something different and im trying to find an easy yet fun project to do with a partner..... how do you make new posts again.
cscolar
Former Expert

Post by cscolar »

Hi,
If you want to start a new topic under the Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science category, I believe that if you go back to the Grades 6-8 Math and Computer Science category page, you will see a button with the label "New Topic" on the left hand side of the screen (to the left of the search box).

If you want to start a new topic under one of the other categories, go to the Grades 6-8 "main" page, select the category you wish to post to, and then click the "New Topic" on that category page.

Hope this helps. I have not started a new topic myself, but I think that will work.
Let me know if you have problems.
Caroline
Caroline

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”