my science fair im so lost

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

lah
Project Question: which chemical mixture creates the most gas inside of a ballon?
Project Due Date: december 10 2009
Project Status: I am conducting my research

my science fair im so lost

Post by lah »

okay i had a project with my friend we started and our question was which chemical mixture creates the most gas inside a balloon and i started doing all the logs and she had to suddenly move and she had the logg book and i told my ma i can get it before she leaves but my mom is making me start all over and now im upseet because i did all this work and she moves and now i have to start from scratch and i am stressed and i need to pull my grades up in this class :roll: :oops: by december 18 and my project is due on december 10, 09 and its to much for me to handle in such little time please tell me what i can do i ned help......please i dont want to get in anymore trouble and i dont want to start over and i dont want to get kicked off my cheer squad plz!!!! help me im begging ....please!!!! :| :twisted: :evil: :?: :!: :!:
lah
Project Question: which chemical mixture creates the most gas inside of a ballon?

Re: my science fair im so lost

Post by lah »

someone plz answer because i really need help with this experiment
cscolar
Former Expert

Post by cscolar »

Losing your demonstrable work halfway through a project can be very stressful and painful.
However, you haven't lost the thinking that you have done on the project to date.
If you and your friend have already made a plan what experiments to do, that is usually more than half the battle.

Usually, one has to redo experiments anyway, to show that the experiment is repeatable, so you are getting a head start on that part of the scientific process :wink: .
Are the items required to redo the experiment hard to come by?

Sympathies,
Caroline
Caroline
lah

Post by lah »

but my partner has moved out of the state and left me with the project should i start over or just continue because i put alot into gettin our first twenty logs and i dont have that much time so start over or just continue?? :?:
mpphlipot
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by mpphlipot »

I don't think we can advise you on what you should do here. It's really a personal choice you will have to make. In one of your notes, it looks like your mom said you are not allowed to continue and that you must start over. That makes it sound like you either need to start over or convince your mom otherwise. It may be helpful to bring your teacher into this as they may be more familiar with the project and be able to recommend some shortcuts.

And, of course, like Caroline said, you aren't completely starting over. The effort you put into project selection, research, planning your experiments, etc, does not have to be re-done. Just the experiments themselves. I'm sure that's no small effort but it probably won't be as bad as you think if you get started right away.

Mike

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”