***Hover Shoes*** science experiment

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

jacenda1
Project Question: my son wants to do hover shoes that he saw on the internet. can this be done or are the sites fake?
Project Due Date: 1/22/10
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

***Hover Shoes*** science experiment

Post by jacenda1 »

my son wants to make hoer shoes for his science experiment. can that be done? we saw some on you tube but im not sure how real they are.

Any help is Great!

jacenda
MelissaB

Re: ***Hover Shoes*** science experiment

Post by MelissaB »

Hi,

I've moved your topic to the physical sciences forum, where you are more likely to get help with this. Good luck!
VinceMotorola
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: ***Hover Shoes*** science experiment

Post by VinceMotorola »

Jacenda,

I am very new to the forums. If he was just looking to hover a pair of shoes there may be ways to do this. You could possibly scale down a version of a person such as an action figure (the smaller the better). Hovering a full size person in a pair of shoes would probably prove to be extremely difficult to impossible with today’s technology. MythBusters had an episode about this very thing. I am not one to discourage future dreamers. From what I have read, most of the YouTube videos are fakes. This is not to say that in the future, advances in science would not allow for such a thing. So encourage him to think big but for a school project maybe stick with a project that is more managable.

Regards,

-Vince

Return to “Grades K-5: Physical Science”