Need Help

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Victor Gray
Project Question: ??
Project Due Date: 9/29
Project Status: I am just starting

Need Help

Post by Victor Gray »

Every time i give a project to my teacher she says no and that it needs an Independent Variable i tried projects like "Want To Make A Video Game? Here's How? "Forms And Functions Write A simple Calculator Using Javascript" And every other programming projects you had I need Help :cry:
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: Need Help

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

Most projects can be structured to have independent and dependent variables, almost in any topic area. To find out how to do this read the Science Buddies Project Guide:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml

The sections from Getting Started down to Testing a Hypothesis By Doing An Experiment are the most relevant to you right now. Particularly study the pages Variables and Variables for Beginners to see what your teacher is talking about.

Good luck!

Barrett L Tomlinson
gbrebner
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need Help

Post by gbrebner »

Hello,
When looking at the guide pointed to by Barrett, also have a look at the section that discusses the difference between Science projects and Engineering projects:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ring.shtml

Since you're looking at programming projects that have an engineering nature, you could show your teacher this information, which indicates that such projects may not have the "independent variable" style.

Best wishes,
Gordon.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”