is this good enough for a 8th grader?

AFTER you've done your research and concluded your experiments, it is time to prepare for the science fair. Ask specific questions about preparing for a science fair, including how to set up your display board, how to prepare a presentation, etc. (Please post questions about selecting a project or conducting your experiment by posting in the appropriate "area of science" forum.)

Moderators: kgudger, Moderators

weeksmiddle
Project Question: eggs and toothpaste
Project Due Date: February 1
Project Status: I am conducting my research

is this good enough for a 8th grader?

Post by weeksmiddle »

I am an 8th grader but in science bound so like a high school. they are requesting a science fair project and expecting high school quality. I was thinking of the Cleaning eggs with toothpaste to see what leaves them whiter or something related like putting different types of toothpaste on the egg and leaving one normal then putting them in vinegar and see which one is harder. Is that project good enough for what they are asking? Or another idea i had was how kids think a glass is fuller than the other but its not the glass is just different. someone help me.
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: is this good enough for a 8th grader?

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

I suggest you read the Sciene Buddies Project Guide, and particularly the page “Your Question”:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... tion.shtml

The whole guide link is:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml

This reference has good ideas to help you evaluate and execute your possible project ideas.

Good luck and have fun!!!

Barrett L Tomlinson
brennanclh
Project Question: What kind of bridges are the strongest?
Project Due Date: April 6th
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: is this good enough for a 8th grader?

Post by brennanclh »

Return to “Grades 9-12: Getting Ready for the Science Fair”