Research Paper Help!!!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

expectopatronum97
Project Question: Where do i find crude oil for a reasonable price?
Project Due Date: December 1st, 2010
Project Status: I am just starting

Research Paper Help!!!!!

Post by expectopatronum97 »

My project has to do with testing the efficiency of different types of cleaning products(laundry detergent, hand soap, dishwashing liquid) on fur that was soaked in motor oil. I researched about oil spills, different ways spills(and animals) are cleaned up, the components of motor oil ( and crude oil), and the recent bp oil spill in the gulf of mexico. Is there anything else i should include? All of these are online sources, but i wanted a few articles, mabye books. Any suggestions? Also, is Wikipedia a reliable source?, because thats where I got some of the research from. Thanks.
agm
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Research Paper Help!!!!!

Post by agm »

Hi,

I moved your topic to the Physical Sciences forum where more experts will see it -- Getting Ready for the Science Fair is more about communicating your results.

You might find this page about finding sources useful: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... tion.shtml

As for Wikipedia, personally I think it's a great resource for starting an investigation. However, it is true that anyone can edit Wikipedia pages and your teacher might not accept it as a source. If the information on a particular Wikipedia page is good, it will be cited with a superscript number linked to a citation at the bottom of the page. That means you can go look at that reference and verify the information from a 'primary' source. Many of the primary sources cited are likely to be the books and articles you're looking for.

Amanda

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”