"I Love Ice Cream ..." lactase drops substitute?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

horsedreamer
Project Question: Using the "I Love Ice Cream ..." project instructions, we have searched all over town for lactase drops and cannot find any in grocery, drug, or health food stores nor even the hospital. Can a usable solution be made from the more readily available lactase tablets or capsules?
Project Due Date: 1-10-11
Project Status: I am conducting my research

"I Love Ice Cream ..." lactase drops substitute?

Post by horsedreamer »

We have looked all over town for lactase drops listed in the "I Love Ice Cream ..." project and cannot find them anywhere. Can a substitute be made using lactase tablets or capsules, which are readily available? If so, how could the substitute be made and would it be used the same as the drops?
nithintumma
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: "I Love Ice Cream ..." lactase drops substitute?

Post by nithintumma »

Hello,

Did you consider purchasing the drops online? The project page mentions that they are availabe through Amazon. If this is not possible, let me know and I will look into an alternative.

Hope this helps,
Nithin T.
horsedreamer
Project Question: Using the "I Love Ice Cream ..." project instructions, we have searched all over town for lactase drops and cannot find any in grocery, drug, or health food stores nor even the hospital. Can a usable solution be made from the more readily available lactase tablets or capsules?
Project Due Date: 1-10-11
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: "I Love Ice Cream ..." lactase drops substitute?

Post by horsedreamer »

By the time we looked online, it was too late to get something ordered and shipped in time (none of the places we could order from offered overnight or guaranteed 1-3 days shipping). So, in the interest of time, and at one pharmacy's or health food store's suggestion, we wondered (and asked) if a substitute could be "made". But, again in the interest of time, we have pretty much changed to a different topic/subject and experiment now. Thank you anyway.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”