Influenza Virus

Questions related to finding and working with a mentor, finding an idea, etc.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

tommy
Project Question: Chicken embryo fibroblast cultures that develop resistance to influenza virus
Project Due Date: 24 March 2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Influenza Virus

Post by tommy »

Hi Experts,

I was wondering if i could get some help with use of the influenza virus. I live in Tianjin, China, and I plan to do this awesome project on influenza interaction with chicken embryo fibroblast cultures. Our school does not have the equipment to safely and properly handle the virus, so I am looking for scientists in Tianjin who are currently working on something of the sort. Also, if anyone will be willing to provide any kind of support regarding this general topic, that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
- Tommy
arianas454
Project Question: i have a project due next week and you have to write and demonstrate your observations on any thing 7th grade level. pleses help me
Project Due Date: january 14,2011
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Influenza Virus

Post by arianas454 »

hi tommy my name is ariana and i will tell you all i know about influenza. www.cdc.gov/swineflu/key_facts.htm . i hope i could help you on your project and here is another site you can go to. www.flu.gov . this will help you alot from ariana good luck
staryl13
Former Expert
Project Question: Neuroregeneration
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Influenza Virus

Post by staryl13 »

Hi Tommy,
Sounds like you have a great idea! I would suggest that you first go to the websites of some local universities (e.g. Tianjin University) and see if any professors are currently working on the influenza virus and could perhaps allow you to work in their laboratories to conduct your experiment in a safe and controlled environment. Just for reference, this website has some important guidelines that workers had to follow when handling the H1N1 flu - the same protocol which would be necessary to work for any sort of virus, which includes influenza. Hope this helps, and best of luck!
"There is a single light of science, and to brighten it anywhere is to brighten it everywhere." -Isaac Asimov

Return to “Getting Started”