Science fair interview for physicists

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

KoolScienceKid8
Project Question: What effect do different materials to make drumsticks have on its rebound height?
Project Due Date: Jan. 26
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Science fair interview for physicists

Post by KoolScienceKid8 »

Hello. I am a student in the 8th grade. If you could answer this quickly, it would be appreciated. This is for an interview for my science fair. First of all, these are some questions you need to answer:
a. When did you first learn about this topic? __________
b. Could you please tell me what motivated you to study the topic? ___________________________________
c. What are some of the most important things you have learned about this topic? _________________________________
d. Why do you think this topic is important, useful, or interesting?

The topic could be about drumsticks, or anything that has to do with it. My research question is: What effect does the materials to make a drumstick have on its rebound height? The rebound height is how high the drumstick bounces up after it strikes the drum head. If you know anything about the types of wood and their heaviness, please tell me how you think it would effect it. The drumsticks would be made of different materials, including: hickory, maple, oak, and maybe metal. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Return to “Careers in Science”