Need an expert, but no Q's are needed yet

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

buds
Project Question: What is the frame rate for displaying movies on a screen?
Project Due Date: February/8/2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Need an expert, but no Q's are needed yet

Post by buds »

Help!!!
I need an expert on Animation frames. I have to have a professional expert by tuesday.
Oh, i will be making questions on tuesday so i will tell the expert by tuesday what the Questions are and will need answers soon after.
:x I HATE SCIENCE PROJECTS!!!!!!!! :x if only they were video game projects :roll:
I HATE SCIENCE PROJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Need an expert, but no Q's are needed yet

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello. I am not an animation expert, but I wanted to make this recommendation. Sounds like you don't like your topic. Did you try the topic selection wizard?
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... gister.php

There are LOTS of science projects you could do related to video games. Give the topic wizard a shot. I bet if you find a topic that you find interesting, you will enjoy the science fair a lot more.

Good luck!
Deana
buds

Post by buds »

I did get one from topic wizard, but its just everything our teacher asked us isnt so great.

PS:Teacher prob would laugh at me or mentaly hit me
PSPS:its too late to change anyways
buds

Post by buds »

Here are the q's for my mom

1:What is the difference between movie frame rates and cartoon frame rates?

2:How many more frame rates are in a movie than a cartoon?

3:Why do movie frame rates and cartoon frame rates have to be different?

4:How many frames are there in a movie per minute?

5:How many frames are there in a cartoon per minute?

6:How many frames are there in a movie per second?

7:What would happen if movie frames were used in a cartoon?

8:Why does there have to be frames in a movie?

9:Why does there have to be frames in a cartoon?

10:What movie genres have frames?
Last edited by buds on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Post by dcnick96 »

Hopefully, an animation expert will reply soon. In the meantime, if you do a simple search on google with "why are the number of frames different between movies and cartoons," you may find answers to a lot of your questions. Hang in there. A lot of times, I have been required to do research on things I didn't like but ended up finding the topic interesting.
Deana
buds

Post by buds »

dcnick96 wrote:Hopefully, an animation expert will reply soon. In the meantime, if you do a simple search on google with "why are the number of frames different between movies and cartoons," you may find answers to a lot of your questions. Hang in there. A lot of times, I have been required to do research on things I didn't like but ended up finding the topic interesting.
I have to ask the q's for my thing to work first
hhemken
Former Expert

Post by hhemken »

buds,

I suggest you copy/paste each of your questions (one at a time) into the google search bar. I suspect you will very quickly find the answers. Also try wikipedia.

Some quickie answers:
Movies traditionally run at 24 frames per second (fps). Television traditionally runs at 30 fps. With more recent digital technologies, there are more options, and frames are no longer exactly what they were in film and TV.
A frame is the individual still image that is presented to the eye for a fraction of a second. It is then blacked out and/or substituted with a new frame in which the elements in the picture have moved somewhat. If you do this may times per second, for example 24 or 30 fps (but it can be any other rate above 15 or so), the ey is deceived into perceiving realistic movement by the elements or figures in the scene. This is due to persistence of vision (POV) in the eye's retina. Some newer systems go at 64 fps or more, and this supposedly gives a much greater perception of realism.

That should give you a few more keywords to aid in your search.

Good luck!
Heinz Hemken
Mentor
Science Buddies Expert Forum
buds

Post by buds »

hhemken wrote:buds,

I suggest you copy/paste each of your questions (one at a time) into the google search bar. I suspect you will very quickly find the answers. Also try wikipedia.

Some quickie answers:
Movies traditionally run at 24 frames per second (fps). Television traditionally runs at 30 fps. With more recent digital technologies, there are more options, and frames are no longer exactly what they were in film and TV.
A frame is the individual still image that is presented to the eye for a fraction of a second. It is then blacked out and/or substituted with a new frame in which the elements in the picture have moved somewhat. If you do this may times per second, for example 24 or 30 fps (but it can be any other rate above 15 or so), the ey is deceived into perceiving realistic movement by the elements or figures in the scene. This is due to persistence of vision (POV) in the eye's retina. Some newer systems go at 64 fps or more, and this supposedly gives a much greater perception of realism.

That should give you a few more keywords to aid in your search.

Good luck!
I have to have one but nvm, already maybe got dif 1

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”