Questions for a Food Scientist

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

science98
Project Question: Food Scientist - I am interested in researching this as a possible career and would be interested in finding out what an actual food scientist does in typical days work? What made you choose this as a career and what are some tools you use in your job?
Project Due Date: Jan 3, 2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Questions for a Food Scientist

Post by science98 »

Hello my name is Maura and I am currently in the seventh grade. For my science fair project we were asked to choose a career in the field of science and I chose food scientist. My experiment is to make mozzarella cheese using different types of milk.
What did you major in college, is there a specific degree?
What do you find the most fascinating about being a food scientist?
What do you in your job as a food scientist?
How long have you been a food scientist?
Why did you choose to be a food scientist, were you always interested in the science behind the food?

Thank you,

Maura
marknitro
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Questions for a Food Scientist

Post by marknitro »

Hey,

I'm not personally a food scientist, but I'm posting this after talking to my roommate who is in fact a food scientist, in a certain respect.

In school he majored in food science and always had a love of chemistry and of course food!

After graduation he went to work in the wine industry, becoming a brewmaster for a local vineyard.

But there are a wide array of opportunities for someone your age, the food industry is incredibly large, almost any kind of food or place you want to work with you can. Just find your passion and niche, and follow it!

Cheers,

Mark C Johnson

Return to “Careers in Science”