Time Travel, Grandfather Paradox and Mathematics

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

MRP
Project Question: Time travel, Grandfather Paradox, Mathematics and Physics
Project Due Date: 20 May 2011
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Time Travel, Grandfather Paradox and Mathematics

Post by MRP »

How is time travel and the classical Granfather Paradox related to Mathematics?
What projects can I carry out that is related to these topics?
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Re: Time Travel, Grandfather Paradox and Mathematics

Post by barretttomlinson »

Hi,

I don’t think this is a question for the “experts” here. You sound like you are doing quite well creatively thinking about possible projects. Here are some sites about the Grandfather Paradox that may help you think further down the concept evolution line:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel

If what you really want are suggestions of concrete problems in pure math that you can actually find solutions to, look at these pure math projects from the Science Buddies Project Idea Guide:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... jY4NzE3OTk

If your head is into dreaming about the frontiers of knowledge and what might be, but isn’t yet known, then recognize that almost by definition you are on your own and “experts” won’t be of much help. Just go for it! All the revolutionary advances in science start out this way, but it is a long arduous and rocky road traveled only by the truly adventurous.

Good luck!

Barrett L Tomlinson
Jassika2012
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by Jassika2012 »

Hi,
I have completed B.Sc in double maths and physics. When I asked a question about Time Travel from our professor, named Prof. James, famous researcher of our locality, he just laughed and said that I don't believe upon this topic and don't want to say something...! But I have too much curiosity about time travel..!If some body wants to get his or her on line business at the top of all search engines then try suchmaschinenoptimierung who have years of satisfactory experience.
Thanks
Last edited by Jassika2012 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jassika2012
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by Jassika2012 »

MRP wrote:How is time travel and the classical Granfather Paradox related to Mathematics?
What projects can I carry out that is related to these topics?
Hi,
I have moved through a bunch of websites in the search of you first question. On one of these websites I have known that Time travel theory avoids grandfather paradox. I don't know still why it is so. If you want and also want to visit this site then I can give you its web address.
Thanks

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”